- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
Tools for Transition in Early Childhood: A Step-by-Step Guide for Agencies, Teachers, and Families
For young children with and without disabilities, positive outcomes depend on smooth, effective transitions between and within early intervention programs, preschool programs, and school programs.
Sale Items, Books for Early Childhood
DescriptionFor young children with and without disabilities, positive outcomes depend on smooth, effective transitions between and within early intervention programs, preschool programs, and school programs. Now there's a how-to guide that helps professionals across programs work together to make these transitions happen. Co-authored by top expert Beth Rous, this book gives readers a step-by-step model that's been field tested across the country and shaped by feedback from state and local agencies. Professionals from different early childhood programs will learn to collaborate as they:-
- establish a clear vision of what transition should look like
- view transition from a general education and special education perspective
- set up a formal interagency structure to ensure effective teamwork
- make decisions as a group while avoiding conflict
- draw up a work plan that helps the team set goals and track outcomes
- guide children and families as they adapt to new environments, both on a daily basis and over time
- develop written materials to clarify roles and responsibilities for teachers, staff, and families
Case examples and question-and-answer sections in each chapter make the strategies easy to implement. And with approximately 25 photocopiable forms and sample letters, every phase of the planning process is easier — structuring the meetings, determining responsibilities, making decisions, involving families, and evaluating progress. An essential guidebook for program directors, administrators, and all their staff members, this book helps programs coordinate their services and plan transitions that ensure young children's school readiness.
by Beth S. Rous and Rena A. Hallam